How to install Microsoft Office on a Windows PC or Mac?
Microsoft Office is that the backbone of various organizations that exist during this world and people who are associated with education institutes also got to use Office apps once in their lifetime. Thus, if you've got lately purchased your subscription of Microsoft 365 or bought a one-time package of Office 2019, then you'll consider the rules given during this article.
Please note that these steps apply to all or any the plans and subscription packages that are a variant of Microsoft 365 or Office 2019.
Tip: once you buy your Microsoft Office package, you're given a product key. This license code must be redeemed before you'll install Microsoft Office on a PC or Mac. To redeem the merchandise key, navigate to www.office.com/setup, then follow these instructions.
Download, install and activate Office on Windows
You can apply the following guidelines on a device running on the Windows operating system. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit office.com/setup and select ‘Sign In’.
- Provide the Office account details in the login portal.
- Use the same account in which you’ve linked the product key.
- Select the ‘Install Office’ option from the home page of your account.
- To continue, select ‘Install Office’ again.
- Make sure you are installing the correct version i.e. 32 or 64 bit.
- Once the download finishes, it is time now to install it.
- Select Run, Setup, or Save File based on the browser of your device.
- On the User Account Control dialog box, select ‘Yes’ to allow Office to make changes.
- Select ‘Close’ when you see the installation confirmation.
- To activate Office, open an Office app like Word/Excel.
- When the app opens, accept the license agreement.
Download, install and activate Office on Mac
- Visit the office.com/setup portal and click ‘Sign In’.
- Then, enter the account login details to open your Microsoft account.
- Ensure that this account is the same you used to redeem the activation code.
- If you have forgotten your account login details, then try to reset it.
- From the main screen of Office, select the option reading as ‘Install Office’.
- Select ‘Office 365 apps’ to initiate the downloading process.
- Follow the instructions and begin the installation.
- Open the ‘Finder’ of your device and then go to the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Double-tap on the Office installer.pkg file and select ‘Continue’ to initiate the installation.
- Select ‘Continue’ on the license agreement page.
- Click on the ‘Agree’ option after reading through the terms of the software page.
- Choose the installation type and select ‘Continue’.
- If prompted, enter Mac admin login details and click ‘Install’.
- Use the Dock to open one of the Microsoft Office apps.
- Click on the app icon and select ‘Get Started’ on the ‘What’s New’ window.